Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication between Delta DVP20EX PLC and labVIEW

Hi, I tried to communicate the Delta PLC with the LabVIEW. But I couldn't interface the both the things. Bothe are working seperately. I was used http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13911/en/ this link for interfacing with the PLC. From those steps, I can see output in "Distributed System manager". But there is no reaction in PLC. Apart from these steps ("Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC With Modbus")is any other steps are there to finish the communication? 

Thanks in Advance....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,447 Views)

If you use Ethernet, make sure the network environment is correctly set up. Was PLC's IP specified when you create modbus?

If you use serial, also check if COM port number, etc. match.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(9,437 Views)

in serial everything is OK...Serial port match,baud rate etc., my doubt in How to assign the MODBUS address in LabVIEW... For Ex, I have to switch ON Y0 coil by triggering on M0. So, MODBUS address for M0=002049 and Y0=001281. where I have to put these address in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(9,432 Views)

Yes, I got it. Now i can interface with PLC and VI with the help of OPC server(kepserver)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(9,429 Views)

can you post what you had to do so others can find it? 

Thanks 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(9,419 Views)

hi i am trying to interface delta plc 14ss2 with labview using modbus serial i have tried visa,and opc. the opc server is not showing a driver  for delta plc.when i tried visa and drag a bound variable to block digram and run the program an error occured and it says that resourse is valid but visa cannot access it.one more problem do i have to program my plc also and how would plc identify that which bound variable is x0 or x5 etc

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(9,358 Views)

procedure to interface PLC and LabVIEW:

1. Create the single line program in ladder logic; for ex, m0------y0
  2. Open the kepserver OPC server software and create the channel and device for m0. the MODBUS address for m0 is 002049.
  3. Remind that, the serial port for delta ladder logic and kepserver software should be same. 
  4. Now open the project in labview. and go to the below link, you will get idea.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7450/en/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(9,348 Views)

Hi..

I want to inteface GSM(with labVIEW) and PLC, My PLC will work in serial port only.

In my PC I have 3 serial ports. before installing the DSC module in my sytem, I can configure the all serial ports..but, when I finished instllation of DSC module, 2 ports does not working among those 3 serial ports. Before instllation,I can work with PLC and I can use other ports. After installations,I cant configure the those serial ports...Herewith I attached the error with this.....  Please Help me soon.....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,343 Views)

When I am interfacing with VI and PLC, its taking too much time for communicating. after that some ime this error also is coming....please guide me with this....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,328 Views)

Sorry I can not identify how this is related to industrial communication protocols. With which product are you having the issue? Modbus, DSC, GSM or others?

Please post the question under the right board to get replied sooner.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(9,297 Views)