cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Profibus Module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Profibus C Series Module.  The module works in all cRIO chassis, but is it a requirement that the C Series module be inserted into slot 1 of the cRIO?  Can it be inserted into any other slot as long as the next slot is open? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author piccoloD

Hi test, 

The module is only officially supported in the first slot with one slot open next to it. We have this requirement for heat reasons. The profibus module generates a fair amount of heat and can throw off any analog measurements in modules next to it. 

If the module is a slave there are VIs that allow the VI to be used in slots other than slot 1.  These are not in the palette but available from VILib directly. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\Comsoft.lib\cRIO PB

Additionally a patch for the Configurator to allow to search for devices other then slot 1. Copy the attached xml file to the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Comsoft GmbH\Configurator II\XML

Restarting the configurator should now allow to scan for all slots of the chassis

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,745 Views)

I'm planning to use it as a master so I guess it will have to be in slot 1.

And thanks for the additional information regarding using the module as a slave.  

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,734 Views)

Hi testyasu, 

You still should be able to use it as a master in any slot. That is what the xml file is for. Once you install the xml file you should be able to select any slot as a master slot in the Configurator II.

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,726 Views)

After  cRIO Profibus Module is set to communicate with MVI56 PDPMV1,  how is  the control  tags of 1756 -L73  mapping into addresss of  cRIO Profibus Module ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,614 Views)

crosslink

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,605 Views)