From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When converting to EXE, comsoft express VI does not seem to work

I finished developing an application to use the Express Master VI Comsoft provides with their drivers in a test system. I built the program into an .EXE file, but when I went to test the application, the comsoft VI never initialized. It worked every time in when run in development and we could run the stand. Please help me with this Comsoft issue. Is there something else I have to include as part of the application build to make this run correctly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,258 Views)

Hi TMDLabGuy,

I have a few clarifying questions to make sure I understand this issue better:

• Is this EXE being deployed on the development computer (that is the computer that created it) or a deployment computer (that is a computer that is was not created on)?
  • If the answer to the above is deployment computer, does the executable work on the development computer?
  • Do you see any error codes?  Can you set up a debuggable executable and determine where you are seeing the error?
  • Can you provide the software that you are using, that is LabVIEW version, Comsoft driver version?
  • Can you provide the hardware that you are using?  Are you using PXI/PCI or the C Series Module?

I believe that's all the questions I currently have.  Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,252 Views)

The exe is on the development computer. I did not get any errors. I can check that again but I did not even hear the PCI card turn on (the PCI card makes a audible clicking sound when it initializes). 

I am using LabVIEW 2013 SP1, Comsoft drivers 1.3. The Profibus card is a PCI model. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,250 Views)

Hi TMDLabGuy,

I created a simple example, and found the same behavior you reported.  I created a debuggable executable, and found an error occurring. This error indicated that the express VI was trying to locate a file, but was unable to do so.  The file in question is DFP2Image.bin.  Please copy the file this file into the folder created by your build, it should be on the same level as your executable.

For example: Inside this location <Generic Location>\builds\<Name_Of_Build_Specification>\<Name_of_Executable>\ we should have the .exe file and the .bin file.

You can find DFP2Image.bin on disc at <Program Files>\Comsoft GmbH\Profibus VISA Driver\Firmware

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,246 Views)

Thank you for the fix. That got the program running to expectations.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,237 Views)