Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand Ethercat Custom Device for 3rd Party Slaves - Setting CoE and PDO's

Hi,

I am currently working on a Veristand Custom Device to read the I/O of several Beckhoff Ethercat modules. So far the custom device is working and I can scan the I/O of all modules OK but now I have the problem that I can't work out how to send the configuration data to the modules. The documentation says I need to set PDO and CoE values over the Ethercat interface but I can't see any way of doing this in Labview.

Has anyone configured a similar system that could offer any advice?

The Beckhoff modules I am using are Ethercat Box EP8309 and EP3314

Thanks in advance,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,381 Views)

there are some examples of sending pdo in labview, but I am not sure if they are built into the custom device. I would track down the examples and go from there. Also, unless these are special devices or you need configure them in a one-off way, you typically don't have to send any pdo messages to commuinicate. The driver will take care of that for you. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,369 Views)

If its possible to set them, it will be in the section "Ethercat references and procedures" section of the help (http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/1B4474FA3D371FCB86257D0F000C10DE). Try looking at the master and slave device methods. If I remember correctly there are also some super low-level examples that get installed with ethercat.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,353 Views)