From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PXI Profibus card as a DPV1 Master Class 2

Hi,

I am trying to use the new PXI comsoft profibus card as a DPV1 Master Class 2, however there aren't any examples of this, or detailed documentation.

Can anyone explain how I set the card up in this configuration.

Thanks

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(11,785 Views)

Hi Steve,

in chapter 6 (PROFIBUS-DPV1) of the Getting Started manual (GettingStarted_Win_DP-Master_E.pdf) there is a detailed description how you use the card as DPV1 Master Class 2. After the installation you can find the manual under "start/programs/Comsoft GmbH/Profibus VISA Driver/Help".

I have also attached the manual for Windows right here.

Sven

Message 2 of 8
(11,766 Views)

Hi Sven thanks for the quick reply.

I'd looked at the manual and I'm ok with reading and writing of data using labview, the bit I'm having trouble with is using the Configurator to set the card up as a Class 2 master, section 6.1 of the manual gives a brief outline of the set up but I am unsure how to download a DPV0 configuration or what the settings should be for the dummy slave. Also how do I verify that the card is working as a class 2 Master once I've downloaded the configuration.

Thanks
Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(11,760 Views)

Dear Steve,

I have attached a dummy configuration for the download with our Configurator II. Detailed information how to download the configuration with the Configurator II can be found in the "GettingStarted_Win_DP-Master_E.pdf" in chapter 3.

In LabVIEW it is necessary to initialize the DF PROFI II card with the VI "DFP2_Initialisation.vi" in "User Libraries/Comsoft Library/Profibus VISA Driver/DF PROFI II DP Master". Then you can use the DPV1-Services in "User Libraries/Comsoft Library/Profibus VISA Driver/DF PROFI II DP Master\DPV1 Services".

Sven

Message 4 of 8
(11,734 Views)

Anyone have tried to communicate to a

Sinamics S120 (CU 310DP)

with the PXI Profibus card??

Do i need do use DPV1?

How could i define a slot higher

then 255 in DPV1_Read VI?

greetings

Andi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,492 Views)
Problem solved ... use DPV0 with Sinamics S120
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,473 Views)

Hi!

I have one question. We are having here one system from SIEMENS, that is SINAMICS S120. We have a 3,3 kW SIEMENS SERVO SYNCHRONOUS motor. We have done first commissioning with STARTER software, but now we would like to use this system with this motor to use it like a break for other motors (mostly BLDC), for TEST purposes. So we would like to make a LabView application from which we could determine Speed (RPMs) and Moment of this motor.

So my question is: ''Does such an application exist that allows us to communicate with a certain protocol from PC (LabView application) to the SINAMICS S120?'' We have CBE20 Ethernet board embedded into SINAMICS, so the best way would be to communicate trough the Ethernet. What is the right protocol for communication (LabView - Sinamics S120)?

Regards,

Duke 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,354 Views)

Hello,

I try to use my DF Profi II as Master Class 2 because I have to use the DPV1 Services (e.g. read/write Parameters, Acknowledge Diagnosis Alarm).

I di'n get ist workong at all. The only thing is the following Error Message:

=======================================

General description:
Error occurred in VISA_WaitFunction.vi!

Possible reason:

Timeout (VISA)

Detailed description:
VISA: Wait In 8 (Not Equal)
Space: 13
Offset: 0x1EFFFE
Value/Length: 255 (0xFF)
Description: Wait till the card signals the completion of the requested service in the "Int_PC" semaphore

=======================================

I used the above mentioned Configuration and only added my slave.

Does someone have an example Configuration and an example.vi how to initiate the cyclic Datas transfer and then get work the DPV1  Services?

Regards,

DF

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,478 Views)