Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring plc (s7-400) tags into oracle database (requesting help from forum members and NI team)

Hi everyone,

I am doing a project which is to transfer all plc (s7-400) tags into my oracle database. As i heard about Labview, it is possible to do my job. I have read many manuals searching on internet but i am not able to do this so far.

I am using ni opc server and labview in order to transfer all the tags of s7-400 plc to oracle database. I have already transferred the tags of my plc to ni opc server but after that i am still unable how to transfer the tags from niopc server to oracle database via labview. i read something about labview database connecty toolkit manual but its not suffecient to understand properly.

Please help me, i need some step by step documents or procedures in order to complete my project.

i am requesting you to help me not only to the forum members but also the the application team of NI. its urgent for me. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,175 Views)

Hi Mahmilton,

If this is urgent, I'd recommend you create a Service Request and call into our Applications Engineers on it. When / if you do, please reference this post's URL in the problem description.

From a cursory glance at the S7-400's product page, it looks like it can communicate via Profibus DP. You can communicate with a Profibus network with hardware NI sells (ni.com/profibus) and a free driver for LabVIEW.

The other route to get data into LabVIEW is the one you've already mentioned - OPC. To do this, you would need NI OPC Server (to read tags from PLC), DSC Module for LabVIEW (to interface with OPC servers).

Once you have the data in LabVIEW (either via Profibus or OPC), then you can work on interacting with the database. The primary tool NI offers to work with databases is what you've found - the Database Connectivity Toolkit, which is included with LabVIEW Professional. The product's readme gives more information about what databases it can interact with.

I would recommend contacting a NI Sales representative to talk through your larger application so that they can help recommend which of these paths would be better for you long term.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,124 Views)