Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The compile worker cannot perform the compilation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I cannot compile simple VI on FPGA Target of NI 9144 and I got following error:

"The compile worker cannot perform the compilation. The compile worker may be configured incorrectly for this compilation or it may be in an error state."

"Xilinx Compilation Tools are not installed...."

Maybe what I am doing is completely wrong, but what I want to do is to compile simple VI which writes from while loop iteration terminal into the User-Defined Variable. Just to see the utilization of FPGA resources after compilation.

WriteIteration.png

Project.png

I can compile the same VI for FPGA Target of cRIO-9030 without any problem.

I am using cRIO-9030 as EtherCAT master with 9144 as EtherCAT slave. There are no modules inside the 9144. 

I am using LabVIEW 2015 SP1, FPGA 15.0.1, Real-Time 15.0.1, NI-RIO 15.5, Xilinx Vivado 2014.4, ISE 14.7,  NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT 15.0.

Is there anything what I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tukan

Hello,

for successfull FPGA compilation for 9144 target you must have LV+RT+FPGA, EtherCAT 15.0+, NI-RIO 15.5+ and Xilinx Compilation Tools ISE 14.7. It seems you have all o theese installed. So as first make sure "Xilinx 14.7" capability is listed under FPGA Compile Worker Status window. As second I'd try to run the Compile Worker as administrator (from the start menu » right click on FPGA Compile Worker » run ad administrator ...).
Moreover I noticed that the same error message is displayed for me but just for a while however it dissapears after a moment and LV switches for the next available compilation tool and compilation continues. Is it really dying on this or you're cancelling the compilation after this message is displayed?

If the issue persist feel free to contact me thru the local NI Techsupport channel so the support could be better targeted.

BTW I tried out your example and the resource utilization were the following:

FPGA utilization.png

Regards,

Ondřej K.

NIEE Staff AE

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 8
(10,932 Views)

Hi Ondrej,

I have tried to compiled it using LabVIEW FPGA Compile Cloud Service, which worked.

Also checked Registered Capabilities of Fpga Compile Worker and the Xilinx 14.7 was missing, probably not installed, as I thought it is. My bad.

I installed it and it works now.

Thanks for reply and tips.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,927 Views)

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that. I believe installing LabVIEW 2015 SP1 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.7 enables you to use local compilation server as well.

Regards

Ondřej K.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,923 Views)

Using local compilation server failed and gave me an error (there is written that Xilinx 14.7 is used as compilation tool). Compilation Status and Select Compile Server.png

Then I configured to compile VI using FPGA Compile Cloud Service. I clicked on details button and got error.

After that, the compilation continued and was succesfull without installing anything.

Then I checked the Registration Capabilities as you mentioned and was looking for Xilinx 14.7 which was missing. So I installed the Xilinx ISE 14.7 and run compilation using Local Compilation Server.

So yes, it works.

Thanks again

Maybe the link will help to someone: Compatibility between Xilinx Compilation Tools and NI FPGA Hardware

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,920 Views)

I have NOT connected NI FPGA hardware with my PC. I am trying to make a bit file of my LabVIEW FPGA project.

I have encountered the following error in the compilation Status window :

"LabVIEW FPGA: The compile worker cannot perform the compilation. The compile worker may be configured incorrectly for this compilation or it may be in an error state."

Please help me if can I build a bit file without NI FPGA hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,777 Views)

You don't need the hardware to build the FPGA bitfile. Most likely you haven't installed the right Xilinx Tools. But (in the first place) you should post new question to the LabVIEW Embedded forum instead of replying on irrelevant forum thread which has been closed/answered long time ago...

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,767 Views)

@Doctor3 wrote:

I have NOT connected NI FPGA hardware with my PC. I am trying to make a bit file of my LabVIEW FPGA project.

I have encountered the following error in the compilation Status window :

"LabVIEW FPGA: The compile worker cannot perform the compilation. The compile worker may be configured incorrectly for this compilation or it may be in an error state."

Please help me if can I build a bit file without NI FPGA hardware?

Which version of Windows are you running?  Certain Xilinx tools do not work in Windows 10, see http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53899/en/

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,736 Views)