From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read EDS file for EtherNet IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Matt, 

Kudos!!

It was my mistake by  entering wrong Key Value. I corrected and it works!!!

Thank you for your support and solution!!!

Regards,

Ganesha Moorthy 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(5,024 Views)

Hi, you said

"NI EIP toolkit can only be an EIP adapter rather than a scanner. The role of a scanner is typically played by a PLC who should be able to parse EDS to read the electronic device description file of a particular EIP device."

Does that mean I cannot access/read data from a device that can send data over EtherNet/IP from my LabVIEW application? Only a PLC can do that?

And if I can, I would really want to know how as I am struggling with a device to communicate over EtherNet/IP from my LabVIEW application using EIP Adapter Toolkit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,953 Views)

Hello,

i have the same problem / quesion. with a PLC a suceed in loading the EDS file and then read the date.

with Labview EthernetIP module, i can not find the good tag name spelling i think and i always get an error CIP status 0x4 (  invalid segment type) 

does anyone knows about a solution ?

I am using Labview 2018 SP1 with Ethernet IP adapter toolkit 18.0. 

I am connected to an Ethernet IP device (Zumbach ODAC LaserHead) at the address 192.168.1.30.

So connection is ok and I can read Attributes , but I did not succeed in reading any Tags. i always have the error 0x4 .

I assumed the spelling of the tag ( Prefix.Suffix) is not right

so I connected a Schneider PLC to the device to load the .eds file and read the Tag, it works perfectly well.

I copied the tag name in the Labview code ( Inputs.Measure_Dimension_1) :  it is not working.

I attach the screen shot of the PLC interface and the Labview code with the error.

Hopefully you can help me. Is it a tag format or spelling issue ? how can i know the tags names  ? is there any way to use an eds file to configure the data transfer like with a plc ? what should i do to get it work ?

petite01_0-1631190268215.jpeg

petite01_1-1631190268224.jpeg

petite01_2-1631190268230.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,562 Views)