From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profibus card program has 429 ActiveX component can not create object

I have a Profibus card (DF_PROFI_II DP). It was working fine on an old PC. Our IT department need to upgrade PC to a new one, and now I can not get it to work on the new PC. 

Both PCs run windows XP. I tried driver for original CD which is 1.32.1 and I tried a downloaded driver 1.35.0. In both cases, windows can recognize the hardware. However when I tried to run Configurator II, the program always shows a message like below:

Anybody can help?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,580 Views)

First make sure you have the LV RTE 7.1.1 installed if you use this older version of the driver. If you have a newer version of LabVIEW, you should consider to download the lates comsoft driver from our NI download page. Make sure you uninstall all comsoft componets before installing the new driver.

Next make sure you have NI-VISA installed. It should come with your LV driver CD.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,571 Views)

I have Labview 2011 and I just downloaded and installed DF_PROFI_II_LV_1.26.2 and the problem still exists. Any other suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,566 Views)

Do you have Administrator Rights on your machine or when you are running the ConfiguratorII?

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,561 Views)

Yes, I have Administrator right on the machine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,559 Views)

If the error happens as soon as you start the configurator I would think there is a conflict between different versions of the configurator.

Could you go ahead and remove the board from your PC, uninstall all Comsoft components from your machine. Sometimes that might be not only the driver but also the configurator.

Then go ahead and delete the Comsoft folder, reboot and install the 1.36.2 driver.

Then install the detect the board again and try the configurator.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,549 Views)

Followed your suggestion step by step and still having the problem.

And Comsoft Network Configurator search info will say "No device found!", but Measurement & Automation can detect the card.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,543 Views)

The network Configurator is actually the wrong tool. You should use the Configurator II with your Profibus board. I thought that one is giving you the error?

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,538 Views)

Yes, the configurator II is the one I always use in the past and does not work on the new PC.

I am trying to contact with the company in Germany, but the communication is slow due to the time difference.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,533 Views)

Is there any update from your contact to Comsoft support?

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,507 Views)