Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profibus + Comsoft DF Profi II + Slaves

Solved!
Go to solution

I also faced similar issues recently and there are few steps I check if the issue repeats again.

1. Make sure GSD files are accurate.You can cross check the GSD files from device vendor.
  2. Make sure input\output registers are configured exactly as modules are physically connected.
  3. Make sure Profibus input and output wirings are connected correctly. Sometimes shopfloor guys don't connect is properly.
  4. Make sure the bus is terminated with a proper termination register at both sides.
  5. Make sure the address for each devices in bus is unique and configuration address is same as the address set on the devices physically.
  6. Make sure there is  no loose connections between device controllers and inline I\O Modules. This is common in first time installations by shopfloor guys.

The above 6 steps are mandatory and once you satisfy above all, you will get a green after deploying your configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,881 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skywalker2052

Finally, it is GREEN ..

with the D-Max Support softwares updates whole setup is working.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,862 Views)

Hi,

I have a problem with the data on the Profibus. I added a DF PROFI II board that work like Slave on network and communicates with a Siemens PLC, type WinLC . Profibus network is quite large, has more drivers ... and modules for inputs / outputs.
LabVIEW application is also quite large with many VIs. Communication with Comsoft board is made in the main while loop that contains many other items.
I managed to make the communication, all status bits are ok, send data from LabVIEW to Siemens PLC and receive data.

My problem is that on the buffer for Output data from time to time certain ASCII characters appear and disappear. These ASCII characters appear over the data that I receive from the PLC. Let say in one second these disappear. In the Output data buffer appear in random positions, not in the same position all the time. I looked at the outputs of the PLC (Profibus) for DF PROFI II board but the data are stable, does not change anything in what I sent from the PLC, changes appear only in LabVIEW application.
All communication settings I think are ok. I have the same baud rate as that used for all profibus network (6000 kbit/sec), the address is correct
Can someone help me with this problem. It could be a hardware problem (interference) on Profibus? Can be something rong with PF PROFI II PCI board or a problem in LabVIEW application ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,187 Views)

Hi CatalinPopa

Since this thread has been marked as solved, I think it would be best for you to create a new thread and post your question there.

Thank you!

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,156 Views)