Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-CAN displayed need PCI-DNET for card #777358-01

I cannot see my card in MAX after an upgrade of MAX/Labview.  I want to use this PCI card as DNET (#777358-01) not CAN.  It shows up under Device Manager as PCI-CAN.  Before i could always pull it up under MAX, go to properties and change the card from CAN0 to DNET0, setting the Baud rate etc.  Now it won't even show up.  Do i need to uninstall the CAN drivers and reinstall the DNET drivers under Device Manager?  What is the procedure to tell this card i want it to be used as a DNET card?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,589 Views)

Hey,

A lot of times, installing the newest DNET drivers will fix the issue. The newest one can be found here.

NI-DNET 1.6.7 - ETS, Windows 7/Vista/XP 32-bit

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-dnet-1.6.7/3069/en/

Britton C.
Senior Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,572 Views)

OK, i'll try that first.  I have 1.6.4 installed, I know the previous one was working but now i can't see the card in MAX.  I figured something must have changed or the combination of drivers/Labview version/Daqmx is not correct.  I posted some screen shots of Software installed shown in MAX, device manager screen shot. 

thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,570 Views)

I updated the driver only to DNET 1.6.7 and still cannot see the Card as DNET in MAX

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,567 Views)

Hey,

Can you still use the DNET API with the card in LabVIEW?

Britton C.
Senior Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,536 Views)

Yes, there are no errors in the code; i can see all the DNET functions of the API.  I just can't see the interface name 'dnet0', for example in MAX, which is one of the required parameters in the code to set up communication, along with Baud rate, interface macid etc. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,534 Views)