Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC Client Issue

Hello,

I have an OPC Client issue.

I have an OPC Server which belongs to my firm which is a 3.0 version. I installed the DSC Module and use the Labview OPC Client.

Labview manages to read all my I/O from my robot. I can create related linked variables, then i attached an indicator to them.

When i deploy my Vi everything goes well, I have no error message but when I force one of my robot variables, Labview doesn't show me the changing value. The value keep at 0 and never changes. No matter the loop time value is.

I tried the same things with Softing OPC Client (free soft). Softing manages to read all my I/O from my robot. When i force a value, i can read it directly on Softing OPC Client software. I presume there is no problem in my adresses and connection. I believe the problem comes from Labview configuration but i don't know what.

Someone already experienced that ? Any idea about my issue ?

Br,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,214 Views)

Hello Vincent, 

Could it be a deadband issue? Have a look at this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3DC4027BBB04F33C8625703B005546BD

Hope it helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Michael S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,209 Views)

Hello Michael,

I had a look at your link but I cannot enter in the deadband menu. (See attached file).

Any idea why is it?

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,197 Views)

Hmmm, not sure about that, might be one for the NI team to look at...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,192 Views)

To activate the deadband menu you have to change your variable in DBL !

I can't try my soft before next week but we keep in touch.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,173 Views)

Hello,

Deadband option is only available for double or single. The probable reason is that deadband works with percentage, what is not really logic with an integer.

Which kind of data do you use ?

Regards

Mathieu P. | Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

Journées techniques : des fondamentaux aux dernières technologies pour la mesure et le contrôle/comm...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,164 Views)

Hello,

I have to use boolean and integer. When i convert integer to double, i can set up a deadband option but the value doesn't refresh. I tried all support i could find in ni.com website. The Labview OPC Client still doesn't work.

The strange thing is that it is working fine with another OPC Client...

Any news idea ?

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,147 Views)