Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a VI to link to historical modbus data and produce a Graph on the VI and have the ability to write to .xls file for a specified range of time

I am trying to create a VI that links to a Modbus I/O variable that I access through NI DSM: The VI need to be able to select (hopefully by a drop-down) a test unit we have that is currently reading temperature. It then need to be able to access (trace) the historical data it has been logging and produce it to a waveform/graph. I also need the ability to specify what date/time range I want to see on the waveform/graph. I am trying to set this up for the lab technicians so they can select a test unit on the VI and view on a graph, the temperature data from the past day/week/ etc range that they need to see. If there is an issues, they need a way to save that range of data to an .xls so they can plot/print the data to present to superiors. Attached is the NI DSM and the VI that I have started to attempt to build. I'm very new to this and do not have access at work to the tutorials or YouTube as refereance sources. Am I headed in the right direction?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,901 Views)

attached is the new VI i am trying. Maybe this is the correct direction?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,896 Views)

Hi ACFNST,

Mike gave you several good pointers in your other post, many of which I would I would give you as well.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,885 Views)