Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DNET support for LabVIEW 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

We are using currently NI-DNET 1.6.6 with LabVIEW 2011. I installed now also LabVIEW 2013 on my computer and tried to sync the set of drivers with my LabVIEW 2011 installation.

Well, it seems that NI-DNET doesn't support LabVIEW 2013, at least officially. The NI-DNET and LabVIEW Version Compatibility shows that NI-DNET 1.6.6 supports LabVIEW 2011 and NI-DNET 1.6.7 supports LabVIEW 2012.

The NI System Driver Set November 2013 list NI-DNET 1.6.7 as part of the driver set. When I try to install it, there is no LabVIEW 2013 support.

My question is actually, if there is a plan to include NI-DNET support for LabVIEW 2013 or later in the driver set?

I copied the vi.lib\DeviceNet and vi.lib\nidnet directories from LabVIEW 2011 to 2013 and I can load my programs without any problems. I still didn't build an executable and didn't run them on the test fixture, but the projects can be loaded in LabVIEW 2013 without any brocken VIs. Should I expect any problems running LabVIEW 2013 with the NI-DNET 1.6.6 or 1.6.7 driver?

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,895 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chembo

there shouldn't be issues but that is a legacy driver, we won't be updating it for future version of labview. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,889 Views)

I would update our drivers right away, but unfortunately the NI-Industrial Communications for DeviceNet doesn't support the PCI-DNET cards. We have probably close to 30 of those in the test fixtures. So, we need to use the NI-DNET 1.6.x driver anyway.

It will be nice if the NI-DNET installer can copy the NI-DNET VIs and supporting files to any LabVIEW version, well maybe any 201x. I hope until 2020 we can replace the old cards 🙂

Nick

Message 3 of 6
(6,868 Views)

Agree with Nick completely.  

It sure would be nice if NI would at least continue the 1.6.x support in current versions of LabVIEW until the PCI-DNET card is no longer available.   

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,531 Views)

Hi all, 

After following up with the product owners on this feedback, we won't be creating a 2013 installer. 

However, the upgrad method we have been using should work for future versions of LV. I will create a KB on it for your future reference. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,144 Views)