Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9862 1-Port High-Speed%2FFD NI-XNET CAN C Series Module

Solved!
Go to solution

i am trying to find the resourse about the NI-9862 that explains the lights on the front any ideas?

i know that the green lights are lit when there is communication as I am able to communicate with a CAT C-18 over J-1939 just fine with the LabVIEW program I have.

What I don't know is what the red light signifies. and does it matter which of the two lights may come on?

While running my LabVIEW (2015) program through a 9023 cRIO platform (in hybrid) through X-Net; the 9862 card suddenly went from double green to one red light. The CAT engine shut down but I am unsure if the loss of can was the cause or effect of the shuttdown. Now for some reason I have lost all J-1939 - CAT communtication.

i have been digging around ni.com and have not yet found an answer to my prliminary question (first one above).

Anyone know where they could direct me to find this info?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gearmiester

Gearmiester,

I was able to find information about the LEDs in the XNET Hardware and Software Manual. The LEDs are covered in pages 63-65. If my understanding is correct, it sounds like you have a solid red LED 1. This indicates that there is a problem with bus power. Make sure your bus is properly powered, as the manual states that this LED indicates an open session but a problem with power on the port.

Message 2 of 3
(5,351 Views)

Thanks you for the link to the info.

I went back and looked at my system after remembering that I had this issue once before and found a breaker had tripped. So yes that is the cause of teh single red light on pos 1. it has to do with the external power to the card itself (as the cRIO and backplane still had power)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,347 Views)