From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus and Protocol 3

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Despatch oven that is using Protocol 3 which communicates using Modbus over RS485. I am using the Modbus library that I found though the forum and am still having troubles communicating with the controller. I am using a USB RS485 converter and my converter is set to half duplex 2 wire without echo. I am able to transmit but not receive a message back from the oven. Does anyone have any experience or any insight on how to work LabVIEW with this equipment?

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,958 Views)

Hi ncm

Could you please share a diagram of the wiring that you used for the half duplex connection? 

Do you have further information about the oven (a manual for example? If you could post screenshots of the code that you use would be useful as well. I wonder if there is any configuration that needs to be done to allow reading values from the oven. 

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,929 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ncm

Thank you for your response, we found the issue and the oven came to us wired backwards, that is why we couldn't communicate.  We are communicating now 🙂

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,927 Views)

Thank you very much for letting us know! You can mark your own answer as the solution of the forum Smiley Wink

Have a good day!

Message 4 of 4
(4,925 Views)