Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Leak ModbusTCP (New API), and Prosoft Card in ControlLogix Rack...

Hail Mary / Clutching at straws here....

I have (1) customer out of many that is seeing a memory leak in a cRIO-9068 that is a ModbusTCP slave to his Prosoft module in his ControlLogix5000 chassis. He states it only happens when he polls multiple slaves, if he is just polling the cRIO no leak. 

I have tried to replicate the issue with ModbusPoll on many occasions, but have had no success. And of course. many other customers are using the same hardware and my same code without any memory issues.

The slave is coded using the "NI LabVIEW Modbus API" 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Labs-Discussions/NI-LabVIEW-Modbus-API-Discussion/td-p/3373078

I'll mention this post over in that thread as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,072 Views)

Hi S1ack,

I believe this post is very related to your case. Although in the linked post, the software they're using is the DSC module, the code is very similar to what you have from the New LabVIEW Modbus API.

The solution for the memory leak is discussed in Jacobson's post on 12-16-2016. Essentially it's all about being sure to close up some floating DVRs. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,015 Views)

Thanks cool ranch.

The topic in the link is a bit over my head so I think I'll submit a support ticket to try the fix with my application..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,006 Views)