Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for NI Industrial communications for DeviceNET 2.3.0 examples in LV 2014

It does not look like the DeviceNet examples are being installed in LV 2014 (in this case those for NI INdustrial communications for DeviceNET 2.3.0).  Is this intentional or perhaps I did not install something correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,472 Views)

Unfortunately, NI Industrial Communications for DeviceNET 2.3.0 supports up to LabVIEW 2013, so it will not add support (thus, examples) for LabVIEW 2014. You can verify that information in the driver's Readme file.

There have not been any new releases so far so if you need to work with it, you will have to downgrade to LabVIEW 2013 (you can download it here).

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,434 Views)

Hi all,

I just wanted to add to this.  Currently, we have not released DeviceNet support for LabVIEW 2014.  However, 2014 support is coming.  The current recommendation is to use LabVIEW 2013 SP1 with the DeviceNet 2.3 driver until the new driver releases.  We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,286 Views)

How soon can we expect the lv 2014 support?

thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,779 Views)

Hi, 

I need to know if the new version of NI-Industrial Communications for DeviceNet to support LV2014 is released or not yet ?

Many Thanks, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,772 Views)

Hello,

Unfortunately, there's not an NI-Industrial Communications for DeviceNet supported in LabVIEW 2014. For now the workaround is still using LabVIEW 2013 SP1 with version 2.3 from the driver as pointed by Matt.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,754 Views)

It looks like the LV2014 sp1 just released last week, but I didn't see anything about the DeviceNet update. 

Does that mean the DeviceNET support is dropped for LV 2014 and onward?

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,749 Views)

Hi Joe,

Support for DeviceNet has not been dropped.

We are currently working on releasing NI-Industrial Communications for DeviceNet 14.5.  It should be available later this month or earlier next month.  

Matt S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,745 Views)

Thanks for the clarification, Matt.  Our code support DeviceNet as one of the communication protocols.  Even though it is not used not much but still need to have it.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,740 Views)

Hi Joe,

I wanted to let you know the DeviceNet 14.5 has been released.  You may download it here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-industrial-communications-for-devicenet-14.5/5237/en/

Matt S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,694 Views)