Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load an EDS file in LabView 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Through researching I have found that DeviceNet Configurator is no longer available. I am running LabView 2012 with IndComm/Devicenet 2.2 driver. What replaces the DeviceNet Configurator? How do I load EDS files?

Thank you,

Tennessee Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,353 Views)

Hi Paul, 

The IndComm driver was a complete rewrite of the DNET driver. We havent added eds functionality to the new driver yet, although the team is aware of this feature. At this point you will need to enter the data from the eds file manually into the VI, 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TennesseePaul

From my post here on a different topic, I thought I'd bring it over to this one to conclude this thread.

Load an EDS file for the slave device

1. Right Click on the Slave Device
  2. Select "datasheet..."
  3. Click Add Files...
  4. Navigate to the location of the EDS file.
  5. Select the file.
  6. Click OK.
  7. In the left pane, expand the newly added Datasheet until you reach the node displaying the version.
  8. Select the version.
  9. Click OK.

Verify the EDS file and Device

1. Right Click on the Slave Device
    1. Select Utilities
    2. Select Online Test Panel
  2. Select the "Device State" option in Category field on the left.
  3. On the right Select the Slave Device you wish to verify.
  4. Click "Verify the Device"
  5. Read the errors/warnings or lack thereof.

Edit EDS File

To Edit the EDS file I utilized EZ-EDS which is a freeware devicenet specific EDS editor from ODVA.

I made my corrections and saved my EDS file. (After backing up my original, of course).

Remove Installed EDS file from Labview

1. Navigate to the following Location: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI-IndComm for DeviceNet\Datasheet
  2. Delete the Datasheet (Note: There are more than just the one manually added datasheet. The additional EDS files come with the IndComm driver. Find the EDS File for the specific device you wish to replace and delete it).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,265 Views)