Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA SPI with NI 9651 dev board

sorry I guess my last post was confusing becasue of the last image i inserted in there. I am copiling this VI. It is larger than one screen so i inserted it here in 2 pages. When I double click on the error it takes me into one of the sub VIs within the SPI API but the VI that I am compiling is the VI shown below

page 1.JPGpage 2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(4,750 Views)

sorry, I guess my last post was a little confusing. When I double click one for the errors it takes me to the Sub VI that i pasted on my last post but the VI that I am trying to compile is this one (sorry, the VI is too large so I am pasting it as 2 pages):

page 1.JPG

page 2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(4,749 Views)

I can't test this at the moment, but does the error go away if you assign signals to the CS1 through CS9 IO Name controls in the FPGA IO Names constant on your top-level VI?  Currently the IO name controls in that constant do not have selections.

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(4,746 Views)

ok guys, i finally got it allt working 🙂 thank you so much for your help.

Thanks again,

Farhad

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(4,706 Views)

Hi,

Could you say, or link to the SPI library used here. I will soon try to implement SPI interface with ni 9651 and i have been looking into how to setup a SPI communication with for eksample analog input chips. I have found atleast 3 different implementations from NI and I am an unsure which one would be best to implement. Is there one implementation which is known as the one to use? 

See image below for SPI implimentations found on VI package manger alone. Some of those are the same with slight example differences but still there is many to choose from.

spi implementations.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(4,491 Views)

Hi again,

I also found this https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/SPIFramework  which seems interesting, but mabye not complete yet?

Regards

J

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(4,481 Views)

Hi JohmDoe, 

I would recommend this API as a starting point: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210637 

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(4,456 Views)

Also, the NI-845x 14.0 driver is available for use with the NI USB-8451 and NI USB-8452 I2C and SPI interfaces.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-845x-14.0/4892/en/ 

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(4,446 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I am trying to do the same thing but I am struggling to follow your instructions. Is there any chance you could post a couple of screenshots showing the process please?

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(4,290 Views)

Michael, 

What specific steps are you trying to follow and having trouble with? 

Regards, 

Will M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(4,271 Views)