Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NI-Industrial Communications for IEC 61850 covered by the NI Developer Suite?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I downloaded NI-Industrial Communications for IEC 61850 14.0 and tried to activate it using my NI Developer Suite serial number. However, I was told, "The following serial numbers are invalid or do not match their corresponding products."

The same serial number was accepted for activating NI-Industrial Communications for Ethernet/IP, so I thought I'd have access to all the communications toolkits, including IEC 61850. Is this not the case? How can I check which toolkits are covered and which aren't?

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,693 Views)

Hi JKSH,

You can view a list of installed NI software by opening NI MAX and navigating to My System>>Software or by opening Control Panel and Navigating to Add/Remove Programs>>National Instruments Software.

You can also view a list of activated software using NI License Manager.

If you have more questions or if you want an exact list of every product you have access to , you can call in to support at NI. 1-866-275-6964

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,663 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hi JKSH, 

1. The NI-Industrial Communications for EtherNet/IP is included in the Developer Suite, like JDizzle mentioned.

2. The IEC 61850, DNP3, and IEC 60870 toolkit are not part of the Developer Suite. 

3. However, you can purchase Electrical Power Suite Pro + Power Utility Protocols Bundle and this has the EPS Pro and IEC 61850 and DNP3. 

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-electrical-power-toolkit....

4. or you can purchase each (IEC 61850, DNP3, and IEC 60870) toolkit separately

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,654 Views)