cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC 60870-5-104 General Interrogation command

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I am using the NI Communications toolkit to create a IEC 60870-5-104 Slave( Controlled station).

I am using third part s/w from Triangel microworks and using it as the Master for the same.I am able to send and recieve most of the commands with the examples provided with the toolkit at 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\examples\IEC60870-5,

I am not able to find a way to capture the 'General Interrogation command'  coming from the server.

Can any one help me out how to proceed with this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(16,466 Views)

Hi Frabto, 

We didn't implement that part of the specification. The commands we implemented are: 

1. single command
  2. double command
  3. regulating step command
  4. set point command, normalized value
  5. set point command, scaled value
  6. set point command, short floating

I don't know of a work-around for you. Is that command critical to your operation? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
Message 2 of 10
(16,456 Views)

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply.When the server sends the Interrogation command, the slave will have to send all the data for the station

I am not yet sure how critical is this command for our application.

Please let me know if you find out any workarounds. Can we see its implementation in the next version of the toolkit ?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(16,453 Views)

Hi Frabto, 

Let me follow up with the developer team and see what ideas they have. I have some ideas on a work-around but I supect theirs will be much better.

We haven't created a full feature list for IEC 60870-5 v2.0. I will make sure your feedback gets to hte project manager however. 

Additionally, this question is labeled IEC 60870-5-104. The toolkit is build on IEC 60870-5-101. I don't think this makes a difference for your question. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(16,442 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Frabto

Hi Frabto,  

The developer team had some great insights below. I mis-informed you of the behavior (sorry!), the general interrogation command should be handled automatically in the communication stack. 

First of all the interrogation command sent from controlling station can request the complete(station interrogation) or a subset (group interrogation) of all the data points on controlled station. NI 60870-5 for controlling station supports the command, when controlled station receives a station interrogation command, it will respond with all the values of the data points; if it's group interrogation command, it will respond with the values of the data points that belong to the group. Users are not able to detect if the interrogation command is received or not, it's all automatically handled inside the stack, but users can use the VI called "Set Point Group.vi" inside the polymorphic VI "Set Point Property.vi" to set a point to be one of the 16 groups, and you can see the usage with the example "Interrogate Information Objects in Group.vi" in the 60870-5 example folder.

You shouldn't need to do anything to respond to an interrogation command. The station will respond automatically. I hope I didn't cause you too much confusion on this point. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
Message 5 of 10
(16,413 Views)

Hi Frabto.

As you mentioned in your post that you are able to communicate between master and slave stations using examples provided with the toolkit.

I am still facing a problem for setting the same communication as done by you.

so it would be great if you guide me to use the IEC 104 toolkit vi's to perform a simple read-write operation between master-slave stations,

Also which are the vi's should be used from the toolkit and what are the parameters need to be set for writing a simple boolean value from master to slave,

In case you have some developed examples, please do share on sandeepsoni12345@gmail.com or on forum.

thanks and regards,

sandeep.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(16,367 Views)

Hi all, even I am facing the same problem. Got a few questions and seeking an answer for them:

We are using the IEC 60870-5 NI toolkit .We have some queries mentioned below

1. We are still facing problem to use these vis because even context help is not much in detail and not able to use toolkit properly.

In the example provided here C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\examples\IEC60870-5\General folder have not much comments in block diagram. Hence it is very difficult to understand.

2. Random values are given in Example mention above like in Control command .vi ,100 value is set for IOA of Monitor point in create point.vi like wise ASDU is set as 3 and control point is set as 2100/2200/2300. Pls do clear this.

3. While setting the communication between Controlled station and Controlling station read Command.vi is always giving command-out as "idle". Pls do clear this.

4. I tried to run the following VIs (Write Command.vi for controlled station and Control Command.vi for controlling station) and provided appropriate IP address but I am always getting a warning : 355202 (no controlling station is connected or the listening port is being used by another application) .in case of Write Command.vi. Not sure what went wrong.

Will be really helpful if I can get some pointers.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(16,342 Views)

Hello.
I need to Labview toolkits of protocol IEC 60870-5-101, dnp3
Need directions for how to prepare or purchase the protocols
And the need to provide guidance for the implementation of this toolkits
Do I send the response Aymbl

hosaikhasannejad@yahoo.com

omidansanatshomal@yHOO.COM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(14,173 Views)

Hi sharee,

Help and examples in to the toolkits are provided as general guidance.

Please contact your local NI sales for purchase information.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(14,156 Views)

For DNP3 examples, here are some improved ones if you use DNP3 2.1.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(14,155 Views)