From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a SCADA with S7 CPU313C-2DP and labview?

Hi!

I want to make a SCADA system and i have the followings devides for this purpouse:

1) PC (PC1) with Win98, labView 6.i, applicom card PC1500PFB with applicom communication server v2.9
2) another PC(PC2) with STEP 7 and conected to the PLC via MPI.
3) siemens S7 CPU313C 2DP.
4) Profibus cable.

In PC1 the applicom card is already initialized with PCINIt and the PROFIBUS configuration is also already made. This PC is connected to the PLC with the PROFIBUS cable and on the DP interface of the PLC.
In PC2 i have already configured with STEP 7 the PROFIBUS network for the PLC as a Master. The protocol that i am using is S7.

My doubt is if my LabView program can access the profibus network via S7 protocol or i must use OPC server. Whichever is the solution i'd be greatly grateful for some tips you could give me.

Thank you in advance.

Andoni.
Message 1 of 3
(11,571 Views)
Hi,

I think you have to use the opc because profibus is not a open protocol and labview6i is for general purpose application developement.better u contact ni and ask for labview dsc module to develop ur SCADA.
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(11,518 Views)
Saludos Andoni, échale un vistazo a este fichero que viene todo bastante especificado a ver si te sirve de ayuda:

http://www.logiteksa.com/contents/productos/applicom/descargas/siemens_s7_profibus_dp.pdf

Saludos
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(11,504 Views)