From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Comsoft PROFINET Slave card in LabVIEW 2013 on a cRIO-9068?

I am using a cRIO-9068 with LabVIEW 2013 and am trying to integrate the Comsoft PROFINET Slave card into my LabVIEW project. The Profinet Slave card is going to receive data from the Profinet Master on a controller by Phoenix Contact. 

My question is: how can I integrate the Profinet card into my LabVIEW Project? 

I have tried to follow the example at the following link:  http://download.ni.com/support/softlib/embedded%20networks/NI-Industrial%20Communication/profinet/Ge...

On Page 6 of this document is where I run into issues... I am not able to "Copy" the required files (specifically the card itself) to my cRIO 9068's FPGA target.  When I try to search for existings targets and devices, I get the results in the attached screenshot. I have reached out to Comsoft also but have not heard anything from them yet. 

Is there another driver/library/software to use this card in LabVIEW 2013/ cRIO 9068?

Thank you in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,990 Views)

I have the same problem, were you able to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,405 Views)

Hi all,

From looking at the Getting Started Manual, it looks like you may have the older version of the Comsoft PROFINET software installed.  cRIO 9068 support was added to Comsoft PROFINET for cRIO 2.1.  Please download the newest driver, and let me know if this fixes what you see.

Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,384 Views)

Yes, you are right. Back when I was working on this in March that solved the problem!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,381 Views)

I have installed the cRIO 2.1 with no success, I am using LabVIEW 2014 so maybe that is a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,372 Views)

Hi Nieman,

LabVIEW 2014 should be compatible with the 9068 and the cRIO 2.1 drivers.  I verified it should work as expected earlier today.  Please make sure you are using the example cRIO PN-IO Device when you are moving the module over to the new target.  If you are already accessing that, please navigate to this folder:

<Program Files>\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\Targets\NI\FPGA\cRIO\other

Please let me know if you see a CS_cRIO-PNAD folder. This folder provides all the files necessary to discover and use the module in the project.  If we do not have that folder there, we will be unable to locate the module.  If that is indeed the case, then it may be the driver did not install correctly.  

If after finding this folder and it is still not working, please send me screenshots of the error that you are seeing and a MAX Technical Report.  Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,367 Views)

That solved the problem, thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,358 Views)