Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got the Comsoft Profinet example code working??

Hello!

I have a cRIO Profinet card and I'm attempting to get the example code working.

I have followed the instructions in GettingStarted_cRIO_PN_IO_Device.pdf

I have created an empty project with just the 9023 and 9113 present, and copied the 3 items from the example project cRIO PN IO-Device (LV 2012) as per the documentation.

When I try to compile I get the error shown attached.  I cannot view the error as the VI is password protected.

In 5 years of working with cRIO using many different c-series modules from NI and 3rd parties I have never come across a password protected example Vi - this is very disappointing!  I don't see how it will be possible to use the card without being able to access this VI, and clearly it is impossible to use it without this VI as they are unwilling to share its functionality.

Has anyone got this working on anything other than a 9104 (which the example uses?)  Does anyone know the password?  Is it possible to use the card without using this example code?

I will be communicating with a Siemens PLC (acquiring a load of U16s and logging on the cRIO at 20ms intervals).

Many thanks for any input, or any experiences of using this card.

Aaron

LabVIEW/RT/FPGA 2012

NI-RIO 12.0.1

cRIO 9023 controller and 9113 chassis with COMSOFT PN module in slot 1.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,211 Views)

Update - I've received some updated (and completely different) examples from Comsoft - so my tip is to ignore the CD that ships with the card completely, and get the latest versions from Comsoft directly.

Message 2 of 5
(6,184 Views)

Just for the record, I am using the CRIO-PN with cRIO-9081 and cRIO-9068 integrated chassis successfully.

LabVIEW (RT/FPGA) 2013 SP1.

I didn't use the higher level ComSoft example code directly, as the VIs use so many control/indicators that the FPGA usage is sky high. I rewrote them to pass the I/O data via DMA FIFOs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,172 Views)

Hi, could you please share this code that they sent you?

Regards

Patricio Cortes | NI Cono Sur
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,005 Views)

Hi Patricio

Sure no problem, although it may be out of date, it's more than a year ago.

It is 41 MB zipped, I've tried to attach but seems too big for this forum attachement rules...  If you have a Dropbox, FTP or similar I can upload it?

I'm sure they will be prepared to send you the latest version if you request direct from Comsoft.

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,950 Views)