cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDL Code Generation Error with CRio DP after Update to LabView 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everybody,

I use a CRio DP Master/Slave module from Comsoft for my communication to a PLC System. The application was running perfect under LabView 2011. After updating to LabView2012 I received an error message that the HDL Code generation was not successful. After that I updated also the NI Profibus CRio Software to Version 1.3, but that didn't´t fix the problem. The next step was to use the example project  code "CS_cRIO-PB_DP-MasterExample" that was delivered with the new NI Profibus CRio software. Even with this example code the problem still exists. For detailed information about the configuration and the error message please refer to the screenshot. Any kind of help or idea would be appreciated.

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juergen05

Hi Juergen,

I looked into it and could reproduce this error. Somehow the Compiler with LV 2012 has problems with the LV 8.5.1 coded SubVI. Please use the attached VI and copy it into the following location. (\\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\Comsoft.lib\cRIO PB)

Before you do that please close your LabVIEW.

Then try to compile again.

let me know if it still doesn't work. We are working on a new installer that will correct this issue.

DirkW

Message 2 of 11
(7,917 Views)

Hi Dirk,

thanks for your quick reply and your effort. I tested the new vi and its working perfect in the master mode of my application.  Let me know when you have released the new installer update.

Thanks again

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,909 Views)

Hi Dirk,

I've runned into a similar issue working with the cRIO PB in the Slave mode. Probably you have an update also for the PBS driver?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,783 Views)

I am working on a patch for the Slave VI. I will post it here as soon as I have it.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,773 Views)

Hi Dirk,

I wonder if you could estimate time you need to make the patch? It's just quite urgent as usual 🙂

Btw could it be that under LV2011 the problem doesn't occur? In this case I think I can try to switch to LV2011.

Thanks in advance!

Yana.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,751 Views)

@yana

You´re right. With LV 2011 it´s working.

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,749 Views)

We figured that this HDL compilation errror is actually related to LabVIEW 2012 and will be fixed with the SP1 release early 2013. For now there is this workaround of replacing the VIs available in this path with the VIs attached.

This should fix both the Master and the Slave HDL error.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,739 Views)

Hello Dirk,

I have installed the vi for the slave, but the Vi seems to have broken connections. Please see attachment for detailed error description.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,732 Views)

Hi Dirk,

I've applied your patch and my application is running now! Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yana.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,719 Views)