Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETAS 910 EtherCAT slave with LabvIEW

Hello everybody,

I would like to use ETAS Box 910 as a ethercat slave in an automation software done with LabVIEW (Harxware used : PXIe 8135 RT. Second Etherner port configured as EtherCAT Master).

I got the ESI file from ETAS Box. The profile is loaded in LabVIEW with sucess. When I try to deploy, The master doesn't achieve to detect. (See Error Message Error 1-2-3  as attached pictures).

When I used beckhoff Twincat, It detects the slave. I conclude that it is not matter of the hardware, perhaps the cause could be the ESI file in whixh something doesn't match with the behaviour of NI EtherCAT Master.

Error Message 1 seems to confirm that.

Could someone face thsi problem ou could you advice me what wrong with ESI file (I joined the ESI file with the message) that make incompatibility with NI EtherCAT Master ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,507 Views)

Hello Kamso,

Did you followed this tutorial?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10555/en/

Regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,435 Views)

Hello Jovan,

I am used to intergrating EtherCAT third-party device. I am very familiar with this tutorial.

This is just a new issue I met.

The problem is well explained if you check the image.

To resume, the problem is that I can only discover this device when I am i Active Mode (Scan engine). In Config Mode, I didn't succeed to discover it and to deploy it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,414 Views)

Just for documentation purposes and hopefully helping someone else in the future.

It was found that ETAS 910 EtherCAT slave has incorrect values stored on the EEPROM which do not mach with the ESI file provided. Due to this reason EtherCAT master is not able to establish connection. TwinCAT software either ignores EEPROM values or overwrites EEPROM values from the XML file. 

Workaround is to change XML file for the values that ETAS slave reports. Ideally solution would be to correct EEPROM values stored on the ETAS slave.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,551 Views)