From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devicenet control with LabVIEW

I am looking for a devicenet master to work with my laptop that does NOT have a PCMCIA slot. Like a USB or ethernet devicenet master that will work with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,310 Views)

Hello **bleep** dyson,

The only DeviceNet formfactors that we have at this time are PCI, PXI, and PCMCIA.

2011-04-05_1519.png

Please see NI Connectivity to Industrial Communications for more information.

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,304 Views)

I apologize for the **bleep**, I didn't realize that our forums automatically replace your name!

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,303 Views)

Hi logical,

i am in same situation as you, 

were you able to find a USB devicenet device, can you share any link or info with me please

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,468 Views)

Hello there,

While our DeviceNet products have changed since 2011, unfortunately NI doesn't have a USB DeviceNet offering. Our current DeviceNet products are for PCI, PXI, and CompactRIO.

Since DeviceNet is based off of CAN, it is possible to use one of our USB CAN products, but this would require you to create the code that implements the DeviceNet specification on top of CAN messages.

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,452 Views)

Thanks dncen

how difficult is it to implement the dnet specs, is there a guide / tutorial / example code i can use?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,450 Views)

There's an example here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20066

Generally when you install drivers, you can find examples contained in the Example Finder.  Help->Find Examples.  Choose to view the tree and go to Hardware Input and Output and find the drivers you've installed.  This is often the best starting point to find examples.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,419 Views)