From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DF PROFI II problems with diagnostics and parameters

Hello,

I am a new user of COMSOFT DF PROFI II an totally new to Profibus.

Using LabVIEW 2013.

I created a Configuration with the Comsoft Configurator II (PXI-Card ist Master, tested board/Software is slave).

The connection from Master to slave is O.K. but I have some problems with diagnostic data. It does not appear in clear text like dfined in *GSD-File. It also says "need no acknowledge". The problem ist, that this diagnostic alarm needs an acknowledge and the bus ist blocked after an diagnostic alarm occurs. The same protocol, running on a SPS, makes an automatic acknowledge and shows the diagnostic alarm/data in clear text.

Another Problem is that (according to a colleague) in the "Slave properties" there are only few device specific parameters. The bus specific data (I don't Know how to describe this) is missing (see attachement)

I only get the above mentioned diagnostic Data when writing manually in "User Prm Daten:" "C0 60 .......", after first Configuration there was only "C0 00....." and no diagnostic Data appears. I found the changed code  in the SPS working fine with this protocol.

I have too little experience to know how to manage this problems. Perhaps someone can help or give me some links to tutorials, examples e.g.

Thanks

dfschunk

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,062 Views)