Impulse Response

Community Browser
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Member BrookeT ‎03-19-2017 10:28 AM
0 Comments

Closing the Loop - Perspectives from Recent Engineering Graduates

Educators, what would your students say to you five years into their careers? Recent graduates and young professionals, what feedback do you have for your professors now that you're out in the "real world"?

Feedback stock image

Read more...

Member I.B.Hating ‎03-17-2017 05:50 PM
0 Comments

Trying to Calculate Pi Using a Pendulum

How would you normally calculate Pi? Look it up online? Try to measure the circumference and radius of a circle? Well I wanted to try using a pendulum instead!

mydaq.jpg

Read more...

Active Participant RER ‎03-15-2017 05:09 AM
0 Comments

Halléoojamaflipaphone: A Symphony of Science and Art

Introducing The Halléoojamaflipaphone

This tongue-twisting, mechatronic musician is capable of playing anything from Beethoven to hip hop. The wondrous instrument is built with NI myRIO, and designed to excite and inspire the next-generation of engineers. Halléoojamaflipaphone is currently on tour with the esteemed Hallé orchestra, and has already played to almost 10,000 school children.

Read more...

Member Travis-E ‎03-08-2017 09:27 PM
0 Comments

Impulse Response Episode 2 - Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day

Episode 2 - Travis gets to speak with Tricia Berry, one of the creators of Girl Day, as we dive into Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day on the UT campus!

Introduce a Girl to engineering week.png

Read more...

Member Bowley ‎03-01-2017 09:53 AM
0 Comments

From UG to 5G

Mobile World Congress has particularly exciting news for us at NI this year; one of our most celebrated academic research teams has partnered with industry to run field trials of their 5G Massive MIMO system. So just how do universities go from your typical undergraduate courses to setting world records in 5G research?

bristol_dd5I9601.png

Read more...

Active Participant RER ‎02-27-2017 10:23 AM
1 Comment

The Kilogram: The Scientific Unit with a Serious Weight Problem!

Within the next few years, an ingenious device called the ‘Watt Balance’ will fundamentally redefine the kilogram! An Austin-based YouTuber has used the NI platform to explain this complex instrument, in a supremely accessibly way.

The Perfect Kilogram?

Read more...

Member Travis-E ‎02-23-2017 11:41 AM
0 Comments

Impulse Response Episode 1 - Travis at ETH Zurich

This is the first of many Impulse Response vlogs! Be the first to view and comment!

Episode 1 - Travis is on the road visiting key universities in Switzerland.

Impulse Response Episode 1.png

Read more...

Member BrookeT ‎02-20-2017 06:00 AM
0 Comments

Inside Berkeley Hyperloop

Hardships and system failures are not going to stop the Berkeley Hyperloop team. Crazy enough, that has lit a fire in them to iterate and move forward, stronger than ever. 

IMG_3797 copy.JPG

Photo courtesy of Berkeley Hyperloop team 

Read more...

Member nataliemyers1 ‎02-15-2017 11:37 AM
0 Comments

Change Your Life, Right Now – Student Success Stories

I love LinkedIn. The ability to see someone’s choices in education, the pivotal changes in their career path, and the breadth of experiences that combine to qualify them for their current position is not only inspirational, but also telling of what it takes to get to one’s chosen destination.

These students exemplify what it takes and what is possible.

DTU EcoCar student design team

Past NI Student Design Showcase finalist team - DTU EcoCar

Read more...

Member Bowley ‎02-15-2017 05:00 AM
0 Comments
Member Travis-E ‎02-14-2017 10:51 AM
0 Comments

IRS Sent Me a Gift

You can't get a better package than this (on a Tuesday)! Travis opens some mail and discusses what he finds, today on Impulse Response! 

Read more...

Member I.B.Hating ‎02-03-2017 05:43 PM
0 Comments

Generating VHDL from Graphical Logic Gates?

Did you know that in addition to programming an FPGA directly from Multisim you can also generate and view the VHDL code it is implementing? I didn't!

Read more...

Member I.B.Hating ‎01-27-2017 04:47 PM
0 Comments

What's This Component?

Procrastination in the name of experimentation. Brian procrastinates from doing work by characterizing a light-to-frequency converter he found randomly on his desk.

Read more...

Member Travis-E ‎01-20-2017 05:49 PM
0 Comments

Earthquakes and Shake Tables Have Something in Common

Catch Travis in Sion surviving a 7.8 magnitude earthquake simulation.

Read more...