From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

IF-RIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5641 5640 error codes

Can anyone point me to the 5641R error codes documentation?  

I've gone through everything I can find on the 5641R including: the Help, the documentation online (Link below) and the IF-RIO forum and I can find a few specific error codes.  I also wasn't able to find 5641R error codes in the LV error code tables (2nd link below).

5641R Documentation:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/pxie-5641-getting-started/page/getting-started-guide-ni-transce...

Thanks, Stu E.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,151 Views)

Hi Stu E,

Error codes can be found in the following location for the 5640R instrument driver and NI-RIO:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Errors\English

However when using LabVIEW FPGA to program the 5641R/40R the error code is more likely to come from NI-RIO or LV-FPGA. I am unaware of any overriding documentation outlineing the error codes for each prodcut. Is this needed for a specific task? Perhaps more information on what you are trying to accomplish would help clarify the need for this information.

JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,141 Views)

JaceD, 

Thanks!  Sorry for a delayed response.  My request was specific, I was just having trouble tracking down error codes.  What would you suggest we do if we come across an error code that isn't in the directory you've identified?

Thanks, Stu E

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,129 Views)

All of the error codes should have a detailed description included in the text of the error. This will help you identify the source of the problem and resolve it, if that is not sufficient you can always post back to the message board for more information.

JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,123 Views)