From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 5105 "device could not be calibrated" error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to self-calibrate my PXI-5105. But I am getting an error in both MAX and a calibration vi. I tried installing NI-SCOPE 4.1.3 on the PXI, but that doesn't fix the problem. I have labview realtime 13.0.1 installed. I attach the error messages.

Cheers,

Syed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,769 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yellowep

Syed,

So there isn't a lot of good information on this error.  Self-calibration works by connecting a known signal that is embedded in the digitizer to the ADC, and adjust the phase and offset constants.  The error -234107 means that there is an issue with this calibration signal, or the signal path to the ADC, etc.  This known signal is calibrated during External Calibration, and since your device is out of external calibration (Needed calibration since Feb. 2011), the problem most likely is that the calibration signal has drifted too far from its known value.  

To fix this problem, you will need to send the board in for External Calibration, and I would reccomend sending it to National Instruments, because if there is a hardware problem with the board, we might be able to fix it, as well as having it calibrated.

I hope this helps.

-Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
Message 2 of 2
(5,756 Views)