From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5620 "No Device Found"

I am unable to get my PXI-5620 to do anything besides appear in NI MAX and pass a self test.

I have tried running several NI-SCOPE example VIs, and the NI-SCOPE Signal Express VI on the target "TransOsc" but both fail to find the 5620 module (It does not appear on the I/O pull down menu even after selecting "refresh").  

Attached below is a screen shot with the following items displayed;

• NI MAX (to prove that the 5620 module is indeed recognized by MAX, and the proper software is installed on the target) 
  • The project  heirarchy ( the VI I am writing to talk to the module through the chassis labeled "TransOsc" is labeled  "untitled 3")
  • The NI-SCOPE Express VI configuration page (showing "No Device Found")

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,565 Views)

What OS are you using?  Or more specifically, what bitness?  I do not believe the 5620 supports any 64 bit OS.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,551 Views)

My computer is running windows 7 (64 bit). I am running labview 2013 SP1 (32 bit).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,547 Views)

Looking in the NI-Scope Readme, the PXI-5620 is not supported on Windows Vista/7/8 64-Bit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,545 Views)

After consulting the  readme for NI-SCOPE 4.1 I found that

"The run-time installer does not support the NI 5102, NI 5112, NI 5620, or NI 5621"

I am running RT 13.0 on the target. Is this why I cant interface with the module?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,542 Views)

Why does the module care about the operating system of the host computer? Shouldnt it only care about the OS of the target (RT 13.0)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,541 Views)

You are right, only the OS of the target matters. I missed in the screen shot that it was remote. 

As you found in the NI-Scope Readme, the 5620 is not supported on LabVIEW RT.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,532 Views)

So how do people normally interface with this device? 

I suppose one option is to partition the hard drive of the target and install a compatible version of windows?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,529 Views)

If you have a chassis with a RT controller, you wont be able to run VIs on the host side that can find device names in that chassis. You have to make the VI part of a project and deploy it on the RT controller. 

Wan L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,497 Views)