cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLL 5761 to PXI_CLK10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to PLL my 5761 to PXI_CLK10 by setting the Sample Clock Select signal.  I'm using the adapter with a PXIe-7965.

The 5761 manual Clocking section leads me to believe I can do this: "Reference Clock, 10 MHz, External through IoModSyncClock".

The 5761 Multiple Sample CLIP topic in the FlexRIO Help gives me the value to write, "Sample Clock Select, 3 = Internal Sample Clock locked to an external Reference Clock through IoModSyncClock".

And <labview>\examples\FlexRIO\IO Modules\NI 5761\NI 5761 Clock Select\NI 5761 - Clock Select.lvproj shows me how to set the clock source to "Internal Clock PLL On (IoModSyncClk)".

I'm missing how to route PXI_CLK10 to IoModSyncClock.

There's an explicit note in Table 4 of the 5782 manual that states, "The internal VCO locks to PXI_CLK10 through IoModSyncClock, which is available only through the backplane of NI PXIe-796xR devices", when the clock is set to Internal Clock PLL On (IoModSyncClock).  Perhaps the same applies to the 5761 even though they seem to have different clocking options?

I don't want to cable the CLK10_OUT from the chassis to CLK IN on the 5761 (that seems silly). I don't want to use the FlexRIO Instrument Development Library Sync API to PLL to the backplane.

Thanks for any help,

Steve K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,183 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pie566942.0

You configure the IOModSyncClock line in the FAM Propties page on the Details Category. By default, the PXICLK10 is automatically routed through the IOModSyncClk line. 

5761_iomodsync.PNG

Message 2 of 3
(5,180 Views)

Thanks David.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,176 Views)