High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-5112 calibration

Does anyone know if it is possible to calibrate PCI-5112 cards using a 5520A calibrator w/scope options SC300, SC600, or SC1100?

We currently have a 5520A without scope option but are doing a study regarding upgrading with a scope option.

We have calibration executive 3.2.2 software where it shows recommended equipment Fluke 9500, etc and alternative equipment Fluke 5700, Tegam SG 5030, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,914 Views)

Hello Pat,

The 5520A is not a supported instrument for calibrating the PCI-5112 with Calibration Executive. As such, you will not be able to run Calibration Executive in automated mode, and will have to run it in manual mode. When using an unsupported calibrator, you will need to check to make sure that it meets the various specifications listed under the NI-5112 calibration procedure help.

To get to this help menu, select the PCI-5112 in Calibration Executive, then Click Help»Calibration Procedure Help

Abram Rose

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,893 Views)

Thanks Abram. Do you have any ideas why this error is received (See attachment). It is for 2 separate PCI-5112 cards. NI currently has one of them for repair but says 'No trouble found'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,761 Views)

Sorry, it is not allowing me to add my attachment for some reason.

The error is while at step 'Verify RIS Distribution' on Channel 0. It then says:

'An IVS interface error occurred at:

Step 'Measure RIS Distribution' in

Sequence: 'Random Interleaved Sampling Timing'

Specific error information

Error Code -1074135023

Error Message: Function or method not supported.

It then fails and cannot go any further (Channel 1 not verified)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,759 Views)

This is a known bug, and a patch has been released to address it.  Information regarding it can be found here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C0016FD09AD545C586257BF10009CF07?OpenDocument

I hope this helps!

-Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,734 Views)