cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NI-SCOPE 3.8.7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have to install NI-SCOPE 3.8.7 to use a PCI 5105 High-speed digitizer. Though, when I try to do this, the installation resume indicates that some features cannot be installed either because there is a more recent version installed (but this is not a problem) or, because they are "incompatible with products already installed". In my case, these are the "LabView/LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Supports" and the "NI system configuration 5.0.0" which includes "LabView 2010/2009/8.6/8.5".

I am using a computer running under Windows XP, and the thing is it is a little old and many people used it before me. Consequently, it is an incredible mess and many anterior LabView versions are installed (v6.1/v7.1/v8.2.1/v8.5/v8.6/v2009/v2010). I have read that anterior LabVie versions have no impact on the latest ones but I have also read this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F41A941BE2AFAC47862574B100736584

What shall I do? I suppose that I can't bypass the installation of the features mentionned above if I want my device to work well but how can I solve my problem? Would deleting "LabVIEW 8.2.1 Run-Time Engine" files fix it? Or shall I uninstall all previous LabView versions?

Looking forward for answers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maggotsBrain
Hi, I suspect the incompatibility for the "LabVIEW/LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Supports" features is a result of the fact that your system has a version of NI-DAQmx already installed (newer than the version incl. with the NI-SCOPE 3.8.7 distribution) and the NI-DAQmx "LabVIEW/LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Supports" features for the existing NI-DAQmx installation were not installed. Assuming that you are not planning to develop applications using LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI Real-Time modules this is of no practical consequence to you. National Instruments driver distributions (like NI-SCOPE) often include support APIs (like the "NI System Configuration") or infrastructure components (for NI-SCOPE NI-DAQmx is threaded as one). For the NI-SCOPE distribution we have elected to NOT include the latest revisions of such components in order to minimize the system changes during software upgrades. Regards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,755 Views)

Does that mean that I won't be able to use the real-time module for sure? Or will it be possible considering that some anterior versions of might already be imstalled on my computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,752 Views)

Is LV real time module useful only if I need remote systems? Because in this case, I would not need it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,751 Views)
You could still use the Real-Time module. This simply requires that you first install the NI-DAQmx Real-Time Support features (by modifying the existing NI-DAQmx installation) prior to installing (or modifying) NI-SCOPE.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,748 Views)
Yes, the LabVIEW Real-Time module is used in many remote targets/systems sold by National Instruments.
Message 6 of 16
(6,745 Views)

I'm afraid this doesn't work: when I try to load NI-SCOPE SFP, an error message tells me that DMF 2.7 (or later) is not installed and should be, same thing for DMF Runtime 1.2, DMF Exports 1.2 and DMF Calibration 1.2.

Any idea why?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,740 Views)

Could you please tell me which version of NI-DAQmx is currently installed on your system? You may determine the version by looking in Add/Remove Programs or launching MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) and expanding the software node.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,736 Views)

the version used is: DAQmx 9.3.5

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,724 Views)

If you have a Digitizer (NI-SCOPE supported device), could you please run self-test from MAX for this device?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,718 Views)