High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Acquire chirp(5421) delay and generate acquired chirp(5122)

Hey Gary,

You may try switching the Marker Event Output Behavior to toggle and then set two marker switches in the script.  Such as:
script upOnlyWithMarkers
  generate countUp marker0 (100, 1000)
end script

In that case, the marker should switch up when it hits 100, and then down when it hits 1000 (depending on it's initial marker setting). 

Also, have you tried switching your Marker Event Pulse Width Units to seconds?  That may help as well.  Could you possibly attach a picture of your property node setup?

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(3,670 Views)

Hi Jake,

I've set the property to seconds, ( as opposed to samples) , when I tried to set it 1 msec, it spat out an eror that it must be between 10ns and 640nsec.

I'll give the counter markers scrip a shot, sounds interesting,

On the topic of datamarkers, as they are channel based, it seems that I'm unable to allocate datamarkers to just one waveform ?

Ie I'm generatign 3 waveforms using scripting, ala generate wfm1, generate wfm2, generate wfm3  etc.  When I export datamarkers, it's active for the entire generation process, I'm unable to limit if to say only waveform 1 ?  Can that be controlled with the script ?

I can set markers for each waefrom but not datamarkers ?  It would be nice to be able to have datamarkers active for only a portion of a waveform.  I might want to generate a digital trigger ( datamarker bit 15 for example) but only between waveform sample 5000 to10000.

ie generate wavefrom1 0/datamarker0 (5000 <>10000)

Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(3,667 Views)

Hi Jake,

ooops my math logic was alittle off  ( I was just trying to indicate what I'd like)

ie generate waveform1 0/datamaker0 (<5000,10000>)  Is something like this possible ?

Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(3,666 Views)

Hi Jake,

Done ! 😉  thanks for the "toggle" markers info, I had no idea I could toggle markers like that inside a script window.

One last question...  I'd like to control tthe marker positions based on user input( GUI) or values fedback during acquisition  ie actual record length etc.  How does one embed a control or variable into the script .

script Test

generate wfm1 marker0(x,y)

where x and y are GUI controls or data read from other VI's.

Thanks,

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(3,661 Views)

Hey Gary,

This is great news! 

The way you could embed a control into the script is to convert the control to a string and concatenating the script around it.  For example, String1 = "script Test \r\n(represents line break) generate wfm1 marker0(", String2=(the number x converted to a string), String3=",", String4=(the number y converted to a string), String5=")", and then concatenate String1,String2,String3,String4,String5. 

That should accomplish your goal.  Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(3,650 Views)

I know I am digging up an old thread but this is exactly what I've done with bith 5421/5122 and 5442/5122 combos and it works very nicely.

1. set the pretrigger delay on the digitizer

2. tclk the two cards together

3. use the markers from the arb to trigger the digitizer routed via the backplane

4. if you want to external trigger route that via the PFI lines on the arb

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(3,122 Views)