High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I verify that I don't last any point during acquisition?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to make a continuous data acqusition using NI PXIe 5162 card it's why I wonder if there is a property node in labview or a program that shows if I lost any point during the acqusition??

I really need the answer !! thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,882 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hajaar

Hajar8,

When you start an acquisition, all the samples are stored into onboard memory in a circular buffer.  You then use "niScope Fetch" to request the data from memory, and the samples are sent via DMA to the host and to your application.  Since the buffer is a circular buffer, if you don't fetch the records fast enough (or the sample rate is too fast), then its possible for the acquisition to fill up the entire onboard memory, and then begin overwriting the old samples.  No error is thrown when this occurs when using the PXIe-5162.  Instead, when you attempt to fetch data that has been overwritten, the "niScope Fetch" VI will return the following error:

"Error -107411863 occurred at niScope Fetch....

Possible reason(s):

The requested data has been overwritten in memory so it is no longer available for fetching."

I hope this helps.

-Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,847 Views)

Nathan-P

Thank you very much and sorry for the delay, yes your answer helped me to understand the acquisition. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,677 Views)