High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with NI USB-5132 example code in VB.6

Dear All;

I am novice in controlling NI USB-5132. I have recently bought some NI USB-5132 module to be used in our radar experments. 

I would like to control the NI USB-5132 by using VB.6 program. So far, the NI examples I have come across (for this module) have been written in labview or C.  I want to use VB.6 language as all the other instruments (VNA and X-Y table positioner) to be used with the NI USB-5132 are being controlled with program I wrote in VB.6.

I just wonder if any of you as some VB examples for the NI USB-5132 or if you have any idea on how to modify the NI C program example code ifor this module into VB.6.  

Thanks in advance.

Xavier 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,454 Views)

Hi Xavier,

In terms of VB.6, im going to take it we are talking Visual Basic 6 right? The 5132 device uses the NI SCOPE driver and api.

I ran a search on the example page of our website I came up with quite a few examples for using the NI SCOPE driver being used in conjunction with the visual basic environment. Allow me to mass link you.

VB6 NI-SCOPE - Synchronization of Multiple High-Speed Digitizers Using NI-TClk

Synchronization of arbiratry waveform generators and digitizers in VB 6.0

Two Channel Scope Acqusition And Processing Using Visual Basic 6 With Measurement Studio 6

C# NI-SCOPE - Getting Started

VB.NET NI-SCOPE - Getting Started

VB.NET NI-SCOPE - Simple Read

VB.NET NI-SCOPE - Continuous Fetching

VB.NET NI-SCOPE - Self-Calibrate

VB.NET NI-SCOPE - Random Interleaved Sampling

VB.NET NI-SCOPE - Acquire and Save Data to File

Now, comes another idea. Does installing the NI SCOPE driver install visual basic examples into a VB folder directory? The answer I have found is Yes. see the picture below taken from the NI SCOPE install wizard. You can also see the file path that the examples are installed into.

NI SCOPE installer.JPG

The NI SCOPE driver can be downloaded for free from here. I have checked that this version of the driver does indeed support Visual Basic 6.0. Check out the readme file on the driver page and see the topic "examples" for some more info on where to find the example files.

I hope this has prooved helpful! All the best with your radar testing.

Rhys
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,356 Views)

Hello Rhys;

Thanks for your replay. I had installed the NI-Scope but the available Visual basic examples do not support the NI 5132 model.

The examples that support it are all written in C and labview.   As I am not familiar with protocols, so I am looking for some example that can test and get me started.

I will download the link you gave me and try to understand the code.

regards

xavier

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,349 Views)