From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous fetching from multi channels problem

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm trying to acquire data continuously from 8 channels with PXIe-5105, and then save it to file with TDMS. My program is based on the example Fetch Forever. The problem here is that the fetched data is wrong. Only the data of channel 0 is right, the others are all wrong. It has something to do with the timeout of the Fetch VI. If I change the timeout to a positive value, the data is ok, but I cannot use all of 8 channels with NumOfSamples of 1MS and SampleRate of 1MHz. The error is "Data is overwritten and cannot be saved". I attached the program so that you know what I'm talking about. Hope you can help me get out of this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,212 Views)

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,204 Views)

Sorry, the attachment is failed to be uploaded. Here it is, again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,201 Views)

Hi Sonik,

in my oppinion you have to set a timing in your while loop which should not be smaller then 1/freq.
Look at the screensot i attatched.

Regards

Matijas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,193 Views)

Thanks for your concern.

But it does not solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sonik1428

Ok, I have found the solution. I have to reduce the number of samples per channel. 1MS x 8 channels + overhead is more than the onboard memory, which is just 16MB.

Thanks for helping me.

Message 6 of 7
(6,179 Views)

Thank you for informing me that you found the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,174 Views)