From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align up real signal with filtered one

I have this signal where there is some noise in, I have then added a "Add waveform processing" and inserted a Bessel filter.

when I then read up the signal from the digitizer, then I read both the unfiltered and filtered waveform.

Original is readen with "Multi Fetch WDT" and filtered with "Fetch Array Measurement".. the problem is that the signal are not aligned, some data is missing in the filtered version.. I have tried a lot of different things to align them up.. but every trial has failed.

I have sent a picture of what I mean 🙂

BR Bojer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,667 Views)

What you are seeing is expected.  The software filters are implemented as FIR filters, so the beginning and end of the data is removed or windowed.  If you want to line up the rising edge with the original data, the method I would use is as follows:

1. Select a voltage value on the rising edge, like 60,0

2. Search each waveform for this value

3. Pad extra data at the beginning of the filtered waveform such that the 60,0V index between both waveform matches.

Enjoy,

Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,631 Views)