High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5122 on linux: nilsdev says "failed to load"

Hi all,

I had to replace a 5124 card with a 5122 card in an existing system. nilsdev detected the new card but said

NI PCI-5122: "Dev1" [Failed to Load]

To test things out I have setup a new system using openSUSE 11.4, installed ni-scope 3.1 (and before that I set up nikal 2.3.1 manually because the older nikal version which comes with ni-scope 3.1 is not compatible with this kernel). It took me some trouble to install everything as the install script of ni-scope tries to verify the existence of the linux sources by searching at depreceated locations. However, I could fix all of this and successfully install the driver. But in the end I got the same "Failed to Load" message as on the old system.

I have attached the output of niSystemReport.

I would really appreciate any help to get our 5122 card running on our linux system.

Many thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,506 Views)

I decided to test the card on a Windows 7 machine. There, I get the following error when running the Self-Test in NI MAX:

The device self-test has failed. The error report from the device driver is as follows: Error -239022 occurred at Self-Test

Possible Reason(s): Internal Hardware Error occurred in MIG hardware. Please contact National Instruments Support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,492 Views)

Can you please provide your module's Serial Number and Part Number?

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,487 Views)

Sure:

Serial number: E50875

Part number: 190971C-01

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,482 Views)

Also I just noticed that on our other card, the PCI 5124, a green LED lights up on the board and the fan starts running as soon as the system is powered up. However, on the 5122, neither the green light turns on nor the fan starts running.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,479 Views)

Confirmed, your failing board needs to be sent to NI for repair.

https://www.ni.com/contact-us/

Regards,

Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,470 Views)