Hidden Gems in vi.lib

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Prime - why you're hiding from us?

A couple of months ago we had a contest in LabVIEW Fan Group Students Society to find the fastest way to generate N prime numbers in LabVIEW. One of my colleagues found out that there is a pretty useful VI located at [LabVIEW 2013]\vi.lib\gmath\discrete.llb called Check Prime.vi. In the same folder you can find Prime Factor.vi.

Prime.PNG

What is surprising is that Check Prime.vi Is NOT listed in pallets and QuickDrop while Prime Factor.vi IS!

How to explain it?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 1 of 5
(11,277 Views)

I can tell you exactly why, NI doesn't like me, so instead of turining this idea into "implemented" status they implemented it silently, that's very cheeky of them!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 5
(9,093 Views)

I have been told that editing of the palettes takes an act of God (or possibly Jeff K).  So just arbitrarily adding something is not good.  I'm sure that NI needed that function for certain libraries, they just haven't released it to the palettes.

I fully agree that these should be added to the palettes.  They are basic mathematical functions that are just needed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(9,093 Views)

I have filed CAR 487853 to get the Check Prime VI added to the Discrete Math palette in a future LabVIEW release.

Message 4 of 5
(9,093 Views)

Check Prime.vi is now available in Quick Drop/palettes in LabVIEW 2015.

check_prime.png

Message 5 of 5
(9,093 Views)