Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp of the sbRIO 9637 target RT

Hi,

I would like to know if I can set the timestamp of the RT target as the same timestamp on my PC. In fact I record the data on my SD card and when I open the file on my PC, I see the time is not the same. Have you got an idea for me ? Thanks for your answer     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,197 Views)

Hi GSXR,

You can set the system time on the using MAX or the System Configuration API. If you need to sync multiple sbRIOs, you might want to consider NI-TimeSync. Please see below.

How to Set the Time Zone of a Real-Time Controller

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CD3E1F89F47CCF2486257A76005B60C1

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,799 Views)

Hi fblerg,

I'll try your solution later and, i'll be back to keep you informed.

Thanks

Yann  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,799 Views)

Hi,

Thank you fblerg,

Now I can set de time correctely on my RT target via MAX. But I have another problem and I hope your help again : I have one VI this is recording on the RT target and the PC Host but not in the same format. See this attach .

In fact, the format that I need is 02/05/2016 09:45:53 43,1 but on my target RT. Perhaps there is one VI that can give me the timestamps in the correct format on my RT target ?

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,799 Views)

Hi,

I need just to clarify, after modified in the "file record.vi" I get the same result in the target RT (see this picture below) :      

File-RT.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,799 Views)

Hi Yann,

How are you currently formatting the timestamp on the sbRIO? You might be able to reuse the same formatting code that you are using on the PC. Also, VI snippets are better than pictures for sharing code: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9330/en/

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,799 Views)

Hi Frank,

Before the code in my PC Host is working correctely but not in the RT target (sbRIO-9637)

After the code in my PC Host always working and the RT target also.

The format to record is in my post N°3 (Record Format.docx), the right format is the same PC Host. Thanks for your Snippet, it's very useful.

I can close this discussion and thanks for your helps.

Have a good journey.

Yann     

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,799 Views)