Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtime display output like HDMI/DP/DVI/TMDS with SOM

Dear All:

I was trying to make a very simple vision algorithm on SOM 9651, the only thing I'm not sure is if I can output my results the moment I have processed my data.

I have looked into vision builder, but it have to transfer data from host to FPGA, and after data processed, them will be transfer back to host.

My plan is put everything I need to process in FPGA side (I can read a CMOS sensor to get raw data at 16 lvds pairs), and I would like to output image direct, no matter it is a HDMI display, or a decent TFT LCD display module, the basic idea is I have to output at least 512*512*100Hz, grey-scale video.

At that point, the bandwidth of FPGA to ARM, and ARM to PC seems stand in the way, so my question is: can I output video direct to a HDMI deivce or maybe a TFT LCD?

I see the DSDB(NI Digital Systems Design Board) have every thing I been looking for, except it is too large for my design as well as there is no way to input lvds pairs to DSDB, so is it possible to implying such functions in SOM with relative less effort?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,244 Views)

Can you expand a little bit on the requirements of your display? Where does the 512x512x100Hz requirement come from?

To meet the needs of an HMI on our single-board products, many customers opt for the Amulet Touch Displays we sell. Those communicate over serial, but because they have a pre-programmed UI, you wouldn't be sending every pixel to the Amulet display, just updating registers.

What kind of images are you hoping to display on this screen?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,218 Views)