Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV15 RT SOM Bug?...SOM Password Locked

After numerous developments using LV2014 with my 9651 SOM...I am find the SOM reports itself as 'Locked' and password protected.

This happened after updating to LV2015 and RT. On red flag is when I attempt to 'restart' the SOM from the LV 2015 project -  it wants a login password, Shown here...

SOM Login prompt.png

I have NEVER seen this when calling for a restart from LV2014...

What is the fix?

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,133 Views)

Try "admin" as password...

BR

K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,198 Views)

Hi Jack,

The default credentials are:

username: admin

password: <blank>

Since you upgraded from LabVIEW 2014 to LabVIEW 2015, did you also upgrade the device's firmware and format the target or do you still have the LabVIEW 2014 firmware and software on the SOM?

-Tanner

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,198 Views)

Tanner,

Thanks for the reply.

A1. I was attempting to update the firmware and OS on the SOM, but the 'admin' log-in now appears preventing me from doing this.

A2. I did try 'admin' 'admin' and 'admin' 'blank'...but its not allowing me to access the unit.

Odd, it even wants me to 'log-in' to request a 'restart' from the RT project...i've never seem this before...ever...in any version. Also, I've used this SOM on several dev computers...so it's not a issue where the PW as stored.

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,198 Views)

Hi Jack,

Did the SOM loss power during the firmware update? Did the update complete successfully? Are you able to put the device into safe mode from MAX?

If there was an error during the firmware update, the SOM may have gotten into a bad state. The inability to log in seems to point to the NI-Auth database being corrupted on the device.

If you aren't able to put the device into safe mode, using recovery mode to repair the OS might be the best option. Unfortunately, we can't distribute the recovery media over the forums. You can open a service request with our applications department, and then they can send you the recovery media securely. You can open a SR at ni.com/services if have a support contract or call into 866-275-6964.

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,198 Views)

Frank,

I'll contact tech support, this is troubling. No firmware update or other 'explainable' causes occured. The unit has been in a static bag unsued for a few months and we pulled it out again for a new project. We since updated to LV2015 and RT/FPGA toolkits on our development machines.

It simply threw up this log-in. BTY: No you can't 'format' the SOM, the log-in prevents that...not sure why that is.

I will contact development support. So we've lost a week on this banana peel.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,198 Views)

The resolution to this problem was to get a bootloader routine from NI R&D to 'reset' the SOM, the real challenge was find a 32 megabyte (...no not gigbyte) thumbdrive that the SOM can read.

After about 8 thumbdrives and many, many attempts, we were about to unlock the SOM.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,198 Views)