From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view GOOP Help files

I just installed GOOP on LV2014 and cannot view the GOOP HELP files.

I tried using Internet Explorer and Chrome.  The file OpenGDS_GoopHelp.htm opens the contents on the left, but none of the pages open  when I select the page in the contents list.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(10,649 Views)

What version did you install?

NI's or OpenGDS 1.1.23?

Cheers,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,910 Views)

Have you activate Allow Blocked Content (ActiveX and Scripts) on your Browser?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,910 Views)

I installed the version which is installed using VIPM in LV 2014.

When the table of contents loaded, a pop-up asked to allow blocked ActiveX content and I clicked to allow it, but it still says that the files are not found although the qualified path is correct and the .htm files exist.

Cordially,

Allen Goldstein, NIST

(301) 975-2101 office & lab

(206) 276-7347 cell

allen.goldstein@nist.gov<mailto:allen.goldstein@nist.gov

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,910 Views)

Interesting, It is working fine for me both in IE and Chrome.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\HelpFiles\OpenGDS_GOOPHelp.htm

Can you check that you have all the files in the:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\HelpFiles\files

folder?

Regards,

Minh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,910 Views)

As I mentioned in the above post, the qualified path exists and the .htm files are all there.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the permissions to allow the content.  Somehow I think clicking the pop-up is still not granting the needed permission.  I tried to make the folder a trusted site, but IE security will not allow that for file resources.

Thanks for the help so far.

Cordially,

Allen

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,910 Views)

I also think so, but just want to make sure.

They are quite crazy about things in the Program Files folder I guess.

Please check with your IT department.

Have you tried in your personal PC/laptop at home yet?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,910 Views)

Thanks Minh:

Actually, this experimentation is being done on my personal laptop (I usually try out new things there so as not to harm my critical systems at work), so I am my own IT department…

Cordially,

Allen Goldstein, NIST

(301) 975-2101 office & lab

(206) 276-7347 cell

allen.goldstein@nist.gov<mailto:allen.goldstein@nist.gov

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,910 Views)

First I would recommend using the OpenGDS version (http://opengds.github.io/), since it’s based on the same code based but fully OpenSource and maintained.

There should be a chm file as well.

Browse to that file (\resource\Framework\Providers\Symbio_GDS_SVN\HelpFiles) and try to open that one.

It might be blocked, so then you have to right click on it and Unblock it (General Tab, Security This file came…)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,910 Views)