G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What new feature would you like to see in G#?

Hi,

This is a really good question. Yes, G# Framework will soon be packed as VIPM. We tried and actually have troubles packing the G# Framework as a VIPM package, due to the difficulties in packing a VIPM package for toolkits using the project provider API that is always installed in <LabVIEW>/resource folder. I met JKI at NI Week a few weeks ago and discussed the problem and they are working on a solution to make it easier for project provider toolkits to build VIPM packages. The dialog is ongoing with JKI and it has a high priority for us to pack G# Framework (and StarUML plug-in) as a VIPM package, using the very good tool from JKI.

I'm sure there will be a solution in next couple of months, since JKI is very keen on making this work as well. The plan is to put the G# VIPM on LabVIEW Tools network and on AddQs homepage, both the VIPM package and "regular" installer will be provided.

Thanks,

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 50
(3,752 Views)

Hello everybody.

It would be very nice to have design pattern methods in G# Class templates.

For example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2875

Message 42 of 50
(3,752 Views)

I really like the G# icon editor, but would love some glyph support. It'd allow for classes to have a fitting icon either faded in the background or more obvious, e.g. having a cog in the background for some utility class.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 43 of 50
(3,752 Views)

I see that this is still listed as Not Answered, So I assume that means you are always open to new ideas. I think I had one that would be really useful (at least to me).

So I really like the G# Debugger ( very nice) And I like that when you select an object you can get a highlight of its aggregates. But it would be extremely nice if I didn't have to search through all the object to find the highlighted ones. perhaps a separate list of aggregates so I could easily traverse the tree. And maybe keep a box for the previously selected item so I can go back up the tree.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 50
(3,752 Views)

Yes, we are always open to new ideas, especially the good ones. 🙂 The G# Debugger is one of the best things about G# compared to other competive OO solutions.

Your idea sounds interesting, we will have a look at it and discuss within the G# team.

Best regards,

Mattias

AddQ

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 50
(3,752 Views)

First of all it is a grate tool

- I would like the tool to have a interface to JKI's unit test for fast creating of unit test code.

- It would be cool if it would be easier to refactor the code. Move methods to another class or change the inheritance hierarchy.

- Another pain is the possibility to use icon templates.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 50
(3,752 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words.

1) Interesting idea to integrate with JKIs unit tester. We will have a look at it, but I can't promise anything.

2) There is  clone method to other class and if you just delete the old one, that would actually be a move. Perhaps we can automate this option as well. Doesn't sound to difficult to implement.

3) We do have a update for the icon editor in beta version. Icon template is a nice idea.

We will discuss these idea as well in the G# team.

Thanks,

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 50
(3,752 Views)

Support for layers and glyphs in icons: #workingonit

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 48 of 50
(3,752 Views)

Kjeld: Changing inheritance can easily be done from the right-click G#-menu. Are you talking about changing inheritance of more than one class at once, say to change base class of more than one sub-classes, or what scenarios do you have?

Icon templates (edited post): I'm sorry I have to take back that we were working on it. Layers, glyphs: yes, but using icon templates: no. There's really a conflicting concept with how G# creates its icons and how icon templates are used. I will see what I can do but it might just not be any feasible solution to it.

Move methods to another class: #workingonit

Message was edited by: thols

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 50
(3,752 Views)

Taylor_H, I really like the idea and I can only say: #workingonit

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 50
(3,752 Views)