G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exe File on Labview 2016

Hello

I’m using G# many years ago and I like it, now I install the new Labview 2016 64 bit and I compiled my project from Labview 2015 and it works in labview very good, but when I do a .exe file with the application builder. It doesn’t work. I debugged the exe file and I saw that it couldn’t find the G# classes. I included all the classes in the exe file. The exe file works with Labview 2015, something changes by the new application builder. Do you know, what can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,279 Views)

So you are saying you are building the exact same project in 2015 and in 2016, and it works in 2015 but not in 2016? If you are sure, then there must be some bug in LabVIEW as backwards-compatibility have been broken.

I have built executables in 2016 and it works fine. As a rule though I never include classes (G# or native) in the exe-file, but always recommend keeping them as files, with preserve-hierarchy set. Could you try this?

64/32-bit should not matter.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,255 Views)

Yes, the project is exactly the same. I normally wait until the new Labview version has been released a couple of months ago. In Labview woks very good but I found when I use the “Dependency Injection” and I include the classes in the EXE file, it doesn’t work.

Now I connected direct the classes and built the exe file included the classes and It works again!

Message 3 of 4
(6,251 Views)

Good to hear that you got it working. What I have seen once or twice is that the project does not convert well, and that build-specifications has to be remade or classes has to be removed and re-added (seen it on earlier version of LV). It can also happen that the project gets corrupt for other reasons and a fresh project is required.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 4 of 4
(6,245 Views)