Forum Italiano sui Prodotti NI

annulla
Visualizzazione dei risultati per 
Cerca invece 
Intendevi dire: 

save 20sec of a signal

Hi, i want to save the first 20 seconds of a signal. my problem is that when i give the imput to save data to an excel file i want that after 20 seconds stop to save automatically.

can anyone help me? thanks

pollon
0 Kudos
Messaggio 1 di 6
4.660Visualizzazioni

We will need some more detail about your application to answer your question. First of all, which development environment and data acquistion device are you using? Moreover, it is not clear to me if your question is related to data acquisition (i.e. I want acquisition process to terminate after 20 sec) or to Excel (i.e. I want to save data every 20 seconds).

Can you please add some more details to us?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
4.657Visualizzazioni

Hi, first of all thank you for your support. I'm using LabView 8.6 with the cDaq module. The signals that i want to acquire are a analog. I want to do these operations with my VI: i start my VI and see the signals i acquire, then i click on my save button that starts saving on excel. What i want is that after 20 sec the saving stops but not the VI.

Bye, Paul 

pollon
0 Kudos
Messaggio 3 di 6
4.654Visualizzazioni

Hi Pollon,

a couple more details: with "save to Excel" you mean that you are using ActiveX or Report generation toolkit... or simply that you want to write the acquired data to a spreadsheet file to use in Excel? In this last case, if you know the sampling rate, you know the number of samples acquired in 20 seconds, so the number of data to write...

But maybe this is not what you mean... Let us know so that we can help you better!

Bye!

Licia

0 Kudos
Messaggio 4 di 6
4.627Visualizzazioni
Hi Licia, I only want to save on a spreadsheet file, but i don’t want to stop all my VI, i only want that after i give the imput to save to spreadsheet it stops saving after a known time.
pollon
0 Kudos
Messaggio 5 di 6
4.606Visualizzazioni

One simple solution could be place the Write to Spreadsheet File.vi in a while loop and connect to its conditional terminal the output "Time has elapsed" of Elapsed Time express VI.

Bye!

Licia

0 Kudos
Messaggio 6 di 6
4.603Visualizzazioni